I wanna get some of these!
MY CURRENT LUST LIST
High-waisted shorts: I need moooore. I only have a black and light wash pair as of right now…I’m going on vacation next month and need a ton more, shorts are definitely on top of my list right now.
UNIF Hellraisers in white w/ silver spikes: ahhh I want these so bad!! They’re currently on sale on solestruck.com for $129 (original price is $165) I’m contemplating! I have lots of gifts to buy this may sooo we’ll see.
Acrylic Makeup Organizer: (I don’t want the one in the pic) I don’t have a HUGE amount of make up but I do need some type of drawer system to put my everyday make up in, and another drawer for my other stuff…I’ll probably get my organizer from muji
Orange-Red lipstick: I have tons of lipstick but I don’t have a orange-red (maybe something like MAC’s ‘So Chaud’) I haven’t tried on an orange-red cause I feel like it might make my teeth yellow but I wanna give it a try!
Jordan I ‘Black Toe’: For some reason I passed on the Chicago I’s soooo this is as close as I’m gonna get lol There aren’t many Jordans I want this year so why not?
Brush Cleaner: Im horrible at cleaning my brushes…horrible. What’s a good brush cleaner? (not deep clean, spot clean) I hear good things about parian spirits brush cleaner…but I wanna hear about what you guys use! suggestions anyone?
Make up bag: My old one looks really dirty, and doesn’t fit everything in there! I need a new one.
VANS Sk8 Hi: I had these shoes in high school and finally got a new pair for my trip to L.A. with friends. These sneakers are a nice alternative to wearing Jordan’s…and they’re the type of shoe that looks better when they’re dirty.
LUSH’S Grease Lightning: Last month my skin was breaking out on me so bad (this month too -__-)…lately my hormones have been on some other level (during the week before my period) and Grease Lightning acne spot treatment became my best friend. I like this product because it’s a clear gel and it doesn’t sting when you apply it on the acne. I find that this gel works well with the painful/non pus acne too cause i’ll put it on at night and the next morning it’ll shrink in size.
UNIF Hellraisers: I’ve had these for a while now but seriously these shoes are so comfy. I wear these shoes to work majority of the time and i’m able to walk/stand for hours and my feet don’t hurt. I recently lost 3 spikes which i was sort of heartbroken about, but other than that I seriously love my hellraisers and plan on getting the white ones in the future.
Sigma F80: I purchased a knock off version of Amazon and I’m pretty happy with it! buffs in my foundation flawlessly but you do have to clean it often to see best results
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: my new foundation that I love so much! I don’t wanna speak too much on it here cause I’d like to do a review….so stayed tuned for that
LUSH’s Emotional Brilliance Translucent Powder: i’ve been using this for about 2-3 months and I love it. I seriously think this powder is totally underrated. The other day I forgot to put this on and I was totally greasy at the end of the day…never again will I forget! The only lame part is the packaging…it doesn’t come with a sifter so you literally have to pour some product on the lid and use it that way. other than that, i love it because it doesn’t give me a white cast, absorbs oil, and makes my skin feel so soft!!
LUSH’s Sea Spray Mist: this is my favorite “hair spray” for when i put my hair up. I have really annoying baby hair so i’m always having to put product to keep them from flying everywhere. I like this spray because it doesn’t flake nor give you that crunchy feeling. I have used it on my curls and it feels kind of weird at first cause of all the sea salt but once it dries your hair feels normal.
Sorry if my favorites are a bit boring, I was consumed with saving for a LA trip (buying clothes, paying for the hotel+disney ticket, nails and brow maintenance lol). But I do have some hauls/reviews for you guys so hopefully i can get back into the swing of things
02. thanks! i just use crest white strips and the toothpaste and mouth wash that goes a long with it.
03. yeah my hair feels dry, but idk if it’s really orange yet, it might be the filters i’m using on IG? i haven’t really stared at my hair in a while, my hair has been up a lot cause it’s been hot. and i probably won’t re-do my hair, i’m not sure what i want to do next.
04. i don’t really know how many times cause the first 2 years we were together we a immature couple that broke up over nothing and argued all the time lol. we’ve been pretty solid for 2 years now, we fight of course but they only last a day at the longest. we’d get back together cause we know we care about each other and we were willing to work it out because it was worth it to us.
01. thanksss! how’s the weather where you’re from? but i’ll assume it’ll be warm cause it usually gets pretty warm in house parties, anyways… i’d probably wear something similar to this: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_blouses&ProductID=2038220744&VariantID=
something casual….you don’t want to look like you’re trying too hard!
i recently bought this top, and i’m in love with it! it looks way better in person but i like wearing it with my high waisted shorts or riding pants from AA: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_blouses&ProductID=2042352501&VariantID=
02. it gets kinda oily later on in the day… try UD’s tinted moisturizer
01. i’d honestly go with cc first. community college is impacted too, but i still found it way easier to register for classes at CC, and it’s so much cheaper!!!
02. thanks for your suggestion! im currently using laura merciers silk creme foundationg and i’m loving it. you should try some of LUSH’s skin care to help with your oily skin, herbalism or aquamarina with enzymion moisturizer might be good for you.
02. personally i’d just get the big one! lol but for you, a mini seems to suit your needs better!!
03. i’ve never used pore strips, i don’t really get black heads or have large pores in general. and yeah i’ve always been kind of hesistant to use them cause they seem painful?? idk! i personally haven’t dealt with blackheads but my boyfriend does. try LUSH’s mask of magnaminty or cupcake face mask.
01. some of the lip combos i use are inspired from girlfriends or beauty gurus, other times i just play with the stuff i have and see what looks good. you’d be surprised w/ what looks good together!!
02. yeah i do it all the time! i don’t really care about lipstick rules…i’ll wear whatever color i want whenever i want….i’ll wear a dark lipstick during summer i dont care lol
03. no where special: h&m, occasionally forever 21, pacsun, RARELY american apparel. i’m not much of online shopper! i rarely online shop cause i like to try things on…i’m petite so i’m hesistant to go thru the trouble of buying stuff that i can’t even try on. but i wanna grab a few things from ASOS.
04. i don’t work out lol i’m the laziest person -__-
i honestly wouldnt recommend it though, it’s not as good as i’d like…im just using it until it dies on me.
01. ^^^ refer to the answer above (:
02. i got my dress from betsey johnson and i got my make up done at MAC
03. possibly over summer! i’ll have a bunch of free time since i won’t be in school
Here are some recent lip combos I’ve been wearing..
top left: OCC lip tar in Grandma lw/ MAC’s Cherry Lip Liner
bottom left: MAC heroine lipstick w/ MAC’s Nightmoth lip liner
right: OCC lip tar in Lydia with MAC’s Currant lip liner
01. bred 11s, bred 4s, royal 1s, chicago 10s, playoff 13s, cool grey 11s, concord 11s.
02. i’m not a huge fan of 8s in general. steel 10s are nice, i like them but i’m probably not gonna get them!
03. salon, went to kenny le salon in vallejo.
04. i’m honestly not sure, i would want one but im not sure what yet! i’m not in a rush.
05. andreaschoice, fashionista804, itsjudytime, makeupbyleinabaaaby, jlovesmac1, rissrose2, saaammage, clothesencounters, beautycrush, hollyannaree, michellephan, emilynoel83
01. urban outfitters
02. its the filters on ig that makes it look different
03. try benefit’s hello flawless liquid foundation.
I’m definitely going to take advantage of this when I buy my new foundation!! Just thought I’d share…15% isn’t much but I’ll take it.
Hi everyone, I know I’ve neglected my blog for almost a whole month ): March was sort of a hectic month for me, and april is going to be as well. I’ve been working a lot and school has definitely eaten up a lot of time! But I will be starting up again soon. As for March Favorites/Misses I think I’m just gonna do a combo with my April Favorites because there wasn’t really anything new I had been using.
Since Easter is over I have picked up/going to pick up a few make up items…
- (Full Size) Clean Slate Primer (already purchased)
- Tester of NARS Sheer Matte foundation
- Sigma’s F80 Flat Top Brush (I ordered this today, will get it friday or saturday)
- Several lipsticks from MAC’s Baked Beauties collection and Nudes and Metallic collection
So there’s a little summary of make up stuff I’ve been purchasing recently…my main focus is a new foundation! i decided on getting the infamous F80 since I was getting a new foundation anyway…hopefully it’s as good as everyone on youtube says.
01. are you talking about collages?? I use diptic or mosaiq app.
01. my favorite pants to wear with sneakers in general are cargo pants, especially my olive green ones!! idk why but i always wear my jordan’s with them. and i usually just wear a t-shirt or a crew neck….and a beanie or a hat. i’m pretty much a boy when i wear jordan’s.
02. aw thank you!! (:
03. i actually haven’t tried a MSF yet…i really want to though.
04. bb creams are supposed to be an all in one type of product…moisturizer, primer, etc.
05. angled brush! MAC 208
01. i don’t have a collection like i used to, it’s really unimpressive. lol
02. i had a “boyfriend” in 8th grade and my parents didnt really mind. and then when i was a freshman i had my first “real” boyfriend. honestly, my parents don’t mind as long as he’s respectful to them (and me of course)….thats basically bottom line for them. they’d rather know that i have boyfriend than me hiding it from them. oh and my mom always made sure i understand that school comes first and stuff like that. (…basically don’t let a boyfriend distract me from school)
03. TRUE on haight has them. i’d call in though first cause they sell fast
04. surprisingly (and thankfully lol) there’s not many i’m trying to cop this year….the royal I’s were the ones i was dyinnnng for. but I might get the “Black Toe’ I’s, just cause im sucker for black and red and I didn’t get the chicago Is….so yeah i might just cop those. and then maybe the taxi XII’s, because i’ve never owned a pair of XII’s and you can’t go wrong with black and white shoes… i really wanted the playoffs that came out last year but couldn’t buy them for myself because i had to save for my bfs birthday present ): lol i’m crossing my fingers nothing else i want comes out this year!!
05. i’m honestly not much of mascara junkie, but i recently got a sample of Benefit’s ‘They’re real!” mascara and it’s really nice! It’s a super popular mascara…I haven’t tried much drug store mascaras but I always hear good things about maybelline’s ‘falsies’ mascara
01. i honestly don’t know much about either school so i can’t really make a decision. but i would base it on whichever school had a better program in whatever major you’re in
02. i’d say so! and yeah it’s pretty thick but it makes my make up go on sooo smooth. i love it. get a sample and try it out.
03. i use a 1.5 inch curling iron, i wrap my hair around the barrel instead of using the clamp
04. i don’t have any plum lipglosses but i really like smoked purple! (mac) you can try cyber too…super dark lol.
05. just on my forhead and a little on my chin. it’s not extremely oily, i just get a little shiny.
Coconut Deodorant Powder: $7.95
This product is pretty self explanatory right? But I do have to say it’s a favorite of mine. I actually don’t use this product alone…I first use my dove deodorant to help the powder stick to my underarms. I find that if I don’t use this powder, I don’t stay as dry and the smell of the coconut definitely helps with deodorizing too! The dry feeling stays all day and I can tell the difference when I don’t use this product. The scent is really mild, not too strong in my opinion!
My only con is that it’s kinda messy cause you literally just put some in your hands and then pat it on the underarm area….so you’re bound to have some fall out.
I haven’t really tried this product on its own…but it’s a great extra little step to ensure dry and smell good arm pits (:
LUSH has 3 powder deodorants, and of the 3 Coconut is the lightest (in scent and in last power). The other powder deodorants are ‘The Greeench’ and ‘The Guv’ner’.
RissRose2 <333 Drugstore favorites!
Here are all the products I use on a everyday basis, face products are on the top, and eyes/brow are on the bottom!
Primer: Tarte’s Clean Slate Primer, I LOVE this primer!! i’ll review soon.
Foundation/BB Cream: Smashbox’s Camera Ready BB Cream. I like this BB Cream…I don’t LOVE it. I’m still on the hunt for my holy grail foundation, I’ll be switching it up next month.
Concealer: MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer…I use this for my acne scars and redness around my nose. I love this stuff cause one little bottle will last forever and it doesn’t crease and it feels super lightweight!
Contour: Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer…i’ve been using this thing for like 3 years and I probably will still get another year out of it. Hoola is infamous for it’s matte finish and is super popular on youtube. Don’t let the price scare you, it’ll last you foreeeever.
Highlight: Benefit’s Watts Up. I LOVE this highlight! it’s so pretty and gives you a healthy glow. I use it on my cheek bones, near my temples, and down the bridge of the nose. I use my ring finger to put it on btw. And just like Hoola this stick will last a long time!
Finishing Spray: Skindinavia Finishing Spray…review later!!
Eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Pen, hands down my favorite eyeliner! I did a review on this already so I won’t say much
Eyeliner primer: my lids get oily as the day go on which causes my eyeliner to move not matter what I use. It’s a small step that I don’t mind doing! Urban Decay’s primer potion does a great job, and i’ve been using the same tube for a couple of years too. i’ve tried ELF’s primer but it didn’t work for me
Concealer for brows: MAC’s Studio Finish concealer. I use this underneath the brow and sometimes on the top of the brow. Cleaning up the shape of your brows makes the biggest difference. This thing was my best friend when I didn’t get my brows done for a month
Brow filler: MAC’s Fluidline in Dipdown. It took me a while to get used to using a gel/cream type product on brows but I’m finally getting the hang of it…and I have to say I really like how it makes my brows look. i’m still not perfect but i’m working on it!
I do use a finishing powder, but I’m still figuring out which is my favorite….i’ll update this collage when I figure it out.
01. lol, well I do watch her videos, and just like any other viewer I listen to a beauty gurus opinion on products, so it INSPIRES me to try out new products. isn’t that the main reason why youtube watchers watch beauty gurus??….so that we can try new things? -____________-
01. i made a polyvore collage and did the write up for it 2 days ago but tumblr had a glitch and it didn’t post…so i gotta do it all over again ): i’ll do it this week though, I promise!!
02. thanks! and i haven’t heard back yet. my school sent my transcript 3 days LATE so i’m not feeling good about it
03. vlogs? the only vlogs i watch are itsjudyslife and thesammimariashow (beautycrush)
04. i love it! i still have acne scars and uneven skin tone, but it has faded a bit. i really just love how smooth my skin is…it really makes a difference when applying make up and it makes the skin look more flawless. i think it’s worth buying! if you buy it, get it from nordstrom so you can return it if you feel like it’s not doing anything for you. the cleanser i use isn’t for mild acne so i can’t really make a recommendation ): sorry
05. tarte’s clean slate poreless primer is my current favorite. and i’ve only tried 2 bb creams, and out of the 2 ive tried Smashbox’s Camera Ready BB cream is my favorite.
01. thanks!! and chanel? that’s probably gonna be hella expensive!!! lol
02. i bought them at a variety store in san francisco
03. hey! i WANT A BEAUTY BLENDER!!! i bought a knockoff from amazon and it’s hella hard -___- lol i’ll get one day! thank you for your input make up queen lol
I’m almost done with my Smashbox BB Cream (lasted about 4 months, which isn’t too bad!!) so I’m trying to figure out which foundation I’d like to try next…i’m leaning towards NARS Sheer Glow or Laura Mercier’s Silk Creme foundation. (I’m also considering Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer too…it’s the same price as their foundation so…idk that’s weird cause you’d think it’d be less expensive) They’re just about the same price…expensive, 42-44 bucks. I’ve heard good things about both so i’m pretty torn! I think I’ll be going to sephora tomorrow to get some samples, and i’ll probably be buying a new foundation AND tarte primer after Easter!
Have any of you tried one of these two? let me know your thoughts!!!